Amy's Cranberry Salsa
We had a great time at our Holiday Charcuterie Class today! One of our hints is always have a least one WOW item on your Charcutuerie Board. Today's WOW item was a big hit - Cranberry Salsa!
Recipe - Amy's Cranberry Salsa
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onions (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup granulated sugar
Makes 10 Servings.
- Rinse & drain cranberries. Discard all that are soft or bruised. Place cranberries in a food processor or blender, pulse until it is the texture you want. Set aside in large bowl.
- Rinse peppers, onions, and cilantro. Remove seeds from peppers and chop into larger pieces. Chop green onions into 1" pieces. Cut stems off of cilantro. Place into food processor and pulse until you reach the desired texture. Add to the cranberries.
- Peel the fresh ginger, slice into smaller pieces and put in food processor. Add lime juice. Pulse. Add to cranberry mixture.
- Pour lime juice and sugar over the cranberry mixture and stir together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to develop. It will be a bit tart begin with, but as it is allowed to sit it will develop even more flavor.
- Serve as a plain salsa or over whipped cream cheese with crackers.